Friends of Uplands
As a school Uplands continues to go from strength to strength and we are very grateful to you, our parents, for your continued support which enables this to happen.
We are keen to constantly improve the school environment for our students, your children, but are often restricted by funding. The core funding received from the government pays for all of the operational costs of the school but there is rarely any capacity for extras.
We intend that throughout your child’s time here at Uplands, improvements will be funded in many areas of their school life.
To discuss this further please contact us on 01892 786575 or through email on email@example.com Please get in touch if you would like to be involved in whatever capacity; we would appreciate your support.
Other ways to help
There are many ways that you can help to support your school:
- Become a full member of the Friends of Uplands;
- Sign up as a volunteer to help with certain aspects throughout the year;
- Use corporate connections to add to our efforts such as match funding and classroom sponsorship;
- Donate to the Friends of Uplands through sponsorship or support for a specific project;
- Encourage your child to take part in fundraising activities.
Easyfundraising is a great way to raise money for free, simply by shopping online through a website www.easyfundraising.org.uk
Whenever you buy anything online (e.g. Christmas presents, groceries, clothes, books, train tickets, hotel rooms, etc.) you can raise a free donation for Uplands. There are over 2,700 retailers registered with the site, including Amazon, John Lewis, eBay and Tesco who will donate a percentage of what you spend to the college to say thank you for shopping with them.
Here’s how it works:
1. Sign up – go to http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/stickyfingers&Oasties-wadhurst and click on the button to sign up.
2. Shop – from the easyfundraising website, search for the retailer you’d like to shop with and click through to the retailer to make your purchase. This tells the retailer you came from easyfundraising. The price is exactly the same as if you’d visited the retailer directly.
3. You can use the Apple app https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/easyfundraising/id915474725?ls=1&mt=8
4. Get a donation – after you’ve made your purchase, the retailer will give you a cash reward that easyfundraising turn into a donation for Uplands.
No cost, no catch!
Please be assured that using the easyfundraising website will not cost you a penny. There are no catches or hidden charges and Uplands will benefit from any donations you make once registered.