The arrangements for the admission of children to this school at age 11+ are made by the County Council.
To apply for a place at Uplands Community College for years 7-11 please do so online at www.eastsussex.gov.uk/admissions if you live in East Sussex and www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-children if you live in Kent; you can also find advice on how to complete and submit your application on these websites.
Parents may find it helpful to know that, if there are insufficient places available to meet the demand, these will be allocated to children in accordance with the following list of priorities:
- Looked after children and previously looked after children;
- Children who will have a brother or sister at the school at the time of admission and who live at the same address, within the pre-defined community area;
- Children living within a pre-defined community area;
- Children who will have a brother or sister at the school at the time of admission who live at the same address, outside the pre-defined community area;
- Other children.
Published Admission Limit: 150
You may need our LEA number (845) and our DCSF number (4038) for completion of the preference form. Click here if you would like to visit the school during the normal working day.
Admission arrangements for entry in 2019 for Uplands Community College
For entry to Uplands Community for September 2019, the closing date for applications was 31st October 2018. The planned number of admissions for the year beginning September 2019 is 150. For 2019 the school has received 289 applications overall for a place in Year 7.
- Secondary Application Forms for a student living in East Sussex, can be submitted online at www.eastsussex.gov.uk/admissions by the closing date, 31st October 2018. If you are a Kent resident you must apply for your child’s school place through your home authority www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-children/schools/school-places/secondary-school-places. Allocation letters are sent by the appropriate ‘home’ authority;
- Offer of places. On 1st March 2019 emails will be sent out after 4 pm and allocation letters will be sent by your home authority, you will be asked to confirm your acceptance of the offer by 11th March 2019. After 26th April 2019, should any places become available, places will be allocated from the waiting list according to the over-subscription criteria set out above;
- Late applications. These will be dealt with in accordance with the Coordinated Admission Scheme for secondary Schools in East Sussex.
You may find it useful to download the School admissions booklet for September 2019-2020.
Applying during the school year?
You can ask to change schools at any time, however please contact the school to arrange a visit and to meet with the Head of Year before making your decision.
After you have found the right school for your child, please apply. East Sussex County Council aim to process requests within fifteen school days.