The arrangements for the admission of children to this school at age 11+ are made by the County Council.
To apply for a place at Uplands Community College for years 7-11 please do so online at www.eastsussex.gov.uk/admissions if you live in East Sussex and www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-children if you live in Kent; you can also find advice on how to complete and submit your application on these websites.
Parents may find it helpful to know that, if there are insufficient places available to meet the demand, these will be allocated to children in accordance with the following list of priorities:
- Looked after children and previously looked after children;
- Children who have a brother or sister at the school (or a linked infant or junior school) at the time of admission;
- Children living within a pre-defined community area;
- Children living outside the pre-defined community area;
- Children who will have a brother or sister at the school at the time of admission.
Published Admission Limit: 168
You may need our LEA number (845) and our DCSF number (4038) for completion of the preference form. Click here if you would like to visit the school during the normal working day.
Admission arrangements for entry in 2017 for Uplands Community College
- For entry to Uplands Community for September 2017, the closing date for applications is 31st October 2016. The planned number of admissions for the year beginning September 2017 is 168. In 2016 the school received 289 applications overall for a place in year 7;
- Secondary Application Forms for a student living in East Sussex, can be submitted online at www.eastsussex.gov.uk/admissions by the closing date, Monday 31st October 2016. If you are a Kent resident you must apply for your child’s school place through your home authority www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-children/schools/school-places/secondary-school-places. Allocation letters are sent by the appropriate ‘home’ authority;
- Offer of places. On Wednesday 1st March 2017 emails will be sent out after 4 pm and allocation letters will be sent by your home authority, you will be asked to confirm your acceptance of the offer by Monday 13th March 2017. From Friday 14th April 2017, should any places become available, places will be allocated from the waiting list according to the over-subscription criteria set out above;
- Late applications. These will be dealt with in accordance with the Coordinated Admission Scheme for secondary Schools in East Sussex.