Year 5 Open Mornings
Monday 25th June to Friday 29th June. Tours will start promptly at 9.30 and end at 11 am.
Parents/carers and prospective students are warmly invited to visit the college on the Year 5 Open Mornings to meet staff and students and to view our facilities. There will be an opportunity to speak with the Headteacher and tour the college. Booking is essential so please contact us using the details below.
The arrangements for the admission of children to this school at age 11+ are made by the County Council.
To apply for a place at Uplands Community College for years 7-11 please do so online at www.eastsussex.gov.uk/admissions if you live in East Sussex and www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-children if you live in Kent; you can also find advice on how to complete and submit your application on these websites.
Parents may find it helpful to know that, if there are insufficient places available to meet the demand, these will be allocated to children in accordance with the following list of priorities:
- Looked after children and previously looked after children;
- Children who will have a brother or sister at the school at the time of admission and who live at the same address, within the pre-defined community area;
- Children living within a pre-defined community area;
- Children who will have a brother or sister at the school at the time of admission who live at the same address, outside the pre-defined community area;
- Other children.
Published Admission Limit: 168
You may need our LEA number (845) and our DCSF number (4038) for completion of the preference form. Click here if you would like to visit the school during the normal working day.
Admission arrangements for entry in 2018 for Uplands Community College
For entry to Uplands Community for September 2018, the closing date for applications is 31st October 2017. The planned number of admissions for the year beginning September 2017 is 150. In 2017 the school received 287 applications overall for a place in Year 7.
- Secondary Application Forms for a student living in East Sussex, can be submitted online at www.eastsussex.gov.uk/admissions by the closing date, 31st October 2017. If you are a Kent resident you must apply for your child’s school place through your home authority www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-children/schools/school-places/secondary-school-places Allocation letters are sent by the appropriate ‘home’ authority;
- Offer of places. On 1st March 2018 emails will be sent out after 4 pm and allocation letters will be sent by your home authority, you will be asked to confirm your acceptance of the offer by 12th March 2018. After 25th April 2018, should any places become available, places will be allocated from the waiting list according to the over-subscription criteria set out above;
- Late applications. These will be dealt with in accordance with the Coordinated Admission Scheme for secondary Schools in East Sussex.